Who will be promoted from the Championship? Automatic promotion and play-off swap
03 May 2022 | 08:57
The hunt for a second automatic promotion to the Sky Bet Championship is open to only two teams, while the last two spots can go to any four teams on the final day.
Two of the aforementioned teams will be guaranteed a play-off spot. Sheffield United and Luton currently hold the last two places in the top six. Pursuing them were Middlesbrough and Millwall.
Millwall demand something special on the last day if they sneak in, not just because of the need for goal difference but because they face Bournemouth.
Current Championship Table
- Fulham | Played: 45 | Score: 87 | Goal difference: +67
- Bournemouth | Played: 44 | Score: 82 | Goal difference: +33
- Nottingham Forest | Played: 44 | Score: 79 | Target difference: +34
- Huddersfield | Played: 45 | Score: 79 | Goal difference: +15
- Sheffield United | Played: 44 | Score: 72 | Goal difference: +14
- Luton | Played: 45 | Score: 72 | Target difference: +7
- Middlesbrough | Played: 45 | Score: 70 | Target difference: +12
- Millwall | Played: 45 | Score: 69 | Goal difference: +9
Championships automatic promotion odds (via Sky Bet)
- Bournemouth – 1/4
- Nottingham Forest – 11/4
Exact rate at 1830 GMT (05/02/22)
Champion to hit play-off odds (via Sky Bet)
- Sheffield United – 1/2
- Luton – 1/33
- Middlesbrough – 9/4
- Millwall – January 22
Odds are correct at 18:30 GMT (05/02/22)
What are the remaining fixtures for Bournemouth?
- Tuesday, May 3: Nottingham Forest (H)
- Saturday, May 7 Millwall (H)
What are the remains of Nottingham Forest?
- Tuesday, May 3: Bournemouth (A)
- Saturday, May 7 Hull (A)
What are Luton’s remaining belongings?
What are the remaining fixtures for Sheffield United?
- Saturday, May 7 Fulham (H)
What are the remaining Middlesbrough fixtures?
- Saturday, May 7 Preston (A)
What are the rest of Millwall’s furniture?
- Saturday, May 7 Bournemouth (A)