Read the latest football gossip and transfer rumors from local newspapers with Sporting Life’s Paper Talk.
- Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan is set to leave the club this summer.
- Arsenal lover William Saliba admits he ‘doesn’t know’ whether he will play at the Emirates next season.
- Sol Campbell has emerged as a leading candidate to succeed Mark Warburton’ as the next QPR manager.
- West Ham want to reward Jarrod Bowen with a new contract, which will likely see the England international double his salary.
- Crystal Palace are planning to stay at a secret location outside Merseyside ahead of Thursday’s clash with Everton to avoid being woken up in the middle of the night by fireworks.
- Harry Kane has revealed his future as he revealed he is looking forward to working with Antonio Conte next season.
- Jurrien Timber will follow Erik ten Hag to Manchester United when the Ajax star refuses to move to Bayern Munich.
- Newcastle are said to be increasing their interest in Manchester United goalkeeper Dean Henderson.
- Giorgio Chiellini was given a standing ovation by Juventus fans as he bid farewell to the club emotionally.
- Benoit Badiashile says he has had ‘contact’ with Premier League clubs amid speculation about a move in the summer.
- The pandemic and rising cost of living have forced 2,600 grassroots clubs to close in the past 12 months, a report shows.
- Lionel Messi could be on his way back to Barcelona after his father Jorge made a huge hint about his future.
- According to reports in Brazil, Richarlison will leave Everton at the end of this season, as the Toffees battle against a slump.
- Robert Lewandowski was determined to move to Barcelona despite interest from Chelsea.
- Sheffield United footballer Sander Berge has £100,000 worth of jewelry stolen – just a day before scoring in the Championship play-off semi-final.
- Arsenal have received a big transfer boost as Borussia Dortmund star Manuel Akanji will leave Signal Iduna Park this summer.
- Manchester United are said to be showing ‘serious interest’ in Darwin Nunez with a ‘certain expectation’ that he will move on this summer.
- Inter Milan star Ivan Perisic has expressed his desire to receive a contract offer from a Premier League club as his current contract at the San Siro is about to expire. The Croatian spent seven years at Inter.
- Gareth Bale could return to the Premier League permanently this summer after his agent confirmed he will leave Real Madrid on a free transfer when his contract expires next month. Tottenham and Manchester United are in a state of alarm.
- Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba could indirectly benefit the club’s Premier League rivals Chelsea and Liverpool, by joining Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer in the summer. this.
- Manchester United are said to want Erik ten Hag to make decisions on the likes of Marcus Rashford, Eric Bailly and Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
- Jack Nicklaus revealed he turned down two offers in excess of $100 million to be the face of the Saudi rebel tour.
- The ATP has risked angering some of the world’s top men’s tennis players by ignoring calls for ranking points to be stripped from events hosted by the LTA this summer.
- Kylian Mbappe has agreed personal terms with Real Madrid before a possible free transfer. However, the contract has not yet been signed.
- Brentford leads the race to sign Aaron Hickey for around £13m.
- Erik ten Hag has said he wants Cristiano Ronaldo to stay at Manchester United next season.
- Rassie Erasmus will be banned from operating as a water carrier under new World Rugby rules designed to prevent a number of incidents that have had consequences for the British & Irish Lions series.
- Matthew Mott, head coach of the Australian women’s team, is the surprise choice to lead England’s limited men’s teams – and his appointment could be confirmed as soon as Wednesday.
- Gordon Strachan’s son, Gavin, was the favorite for the Dundee job as the Celtic coach led the race for the Dens Park hot seat.
- Hibs hero Darren McGregor is ready to call the time of his career early to prolong his stint with the boyhood club.