Read the latest football gossip and transfer rumors from local newspapers with Sporting Life’s Paper Talk.
DAILY STARS ON SUNDAY
- Manchester City have once again lost their chance to sign Paul Pogba on a free transfer this summer as he nears the end of his six-year spell at Manchester United.
- Danish midfielder Christian Eriksen is on Erik ten Hag’s transfer list for Manchester United.
- West Ham will buy Michael Keane in the summer – if Everton fall.
- Tottenham are planning to land former Arsenal striker Serge Gnabry, who is set to enter the final year of his contract at Bayern Munich this summer.
- Arsenal are ready to renew their interest in Tammy Abraham if they manage to finish in the top four and make it into the Champions League for the first time since the 2016/17 season.
- Diogo Jota believes Liverpool youngster Kaide Gordon can go on to become a world-class hit at the club.
- Antonio Rudiger will leave Chelsea when his contract expires at the end of the season, and Real Madrid are leading the race to sign the centre-back on a free transfer.
MAIL ON SUNDAY
- Manchester City will submit an early offer to Erik ten Hag by joining the summer battle for West Ham £100m England star Declan Rice.
- Manchester United are interested in signing Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong this summer, according to reports in Spain.
- Aston Villa manager Michael Beale spoke of his relief that his wife and three children are ‘safe, healthy and at home’ after they were involved in a motorway crash before the game. against Leicester in the Premier League.
- Barcelona manager Xavi has admitted the season has been ‘difficult’ after the Catalan giants lost Lionel Messi to Paris Saint-Germain.
- Sources close to Erling Haaland have insisted that the striker is being asked to ‘haven’t signed anything’ after reports earlier this week suggested that Manchester City are targeting the prominent prodigy.
SUN ON SUNDAY
- New Man Utd boss Erik ten Hag wants a home in Manchester city center and could be in the same neighborhood for Pep Guardiola’s £2m price tag.
- Leicester want powerful centre-back Ibrahim Sangare – after knocking his PSV team out of Europe.
- The administrators of the crisis-ridden club Derby spent a whopping £339,000 on a points penalty appeal … that has been shelved.
- According to reports, Newcastle are interested in signing Benoit Badiashile.
- The Chelsea fan, who was embroiled in a scuffle on the pitch with Blues captain Cesar Azpilicueta, has revealed he wants to ask his captain how the battle went.
- Patrick Vieira is teeing up a second time to one of Wayne Rooney’s Rams rookies, Malcolm Ebiowei.
- Brentford is plotting an ambitious £15m move for Djed Spence and will face Nottingham Forest for the EFL’s best young player.
- According to reports, Newcastle want to sign Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Keylor Navas.
- Manchester City goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu is a target for Sheffield United.
- Leeds are making a dramatic last-ditch attempt to rob Aberdeen babe Calvin Ramsay into moving to Liverpool.
- Lee Bowyer will pocket around £750,000 if exploited by Birmingham City.
- Arsenal technical director Mikel Arteta has been promised “one or two” major signings by technical director Edu this summer.
- Burnley will add Alex Neil to their management roster if they step down.
- Rangers are battling two Premier League clubs for the signature of Aberdeen youngster Lancelot Pollard.
- Rangers have been in talks with Belgian midfielder Abdoulaye Sissako and are favorites to land star Zulte Waregem.