Read the latest football gossip and transfer rumors from local newspapers with Sporting Life’s Paper Talk.
- Declan Rice will turn down a lucrative eight-year contract offer from West Ham amid interest from former club Chelsea and Manchester United.
- Borussia Dortmund are considering another Ajax player – former West Ham striker Sebastian Haller – as a possible replacement for the already Manchester City-bound Erling Haaland.
- Arsenal are poised to make Eddie Nketiah one of the club’s highest-paid players to tempt him to stay at the Emirates.
- Inter Milan have confirmed their interest in signing Paulo Dybala on a free transfer from Juventus – the striker is also believed to be a target for Manchester United and Tottenham.
- James Rodriguez is said to be turning down David Beckham’s MLS franchise, Inter Miami because he wants to return to Europe and play.
- Scotland full-back Aaron Hickey is set to move to Arsenal.
- Two MLS clubs have approached Juventus legend Giorgio Chiellini about a deal to end his professional career in North America.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s daughter Karna has left Manchester United and returned to Norway with second-tier club AaFK Fortuna.
- Former Brazil striker Hulk is due to appear in court next week at the country’s Supreme Court of Sports Justice and could face a 12-match ban for kicking an opponent’s genitals while playing for Atletico. Mineiro.
- Liverpool are believed to be leading the race to sign Monaco star Aurelien Tchouameni this summer.
- Chelsea have pulled out of the race to sign Erling Haaland because they have doubts about his ability to play in the Premier League, according to reports.
- Todd Boehly is set to splash out money this summer at Chelsea after completing a £4.25 billion buyout of the club.
- Kieran Trippier has admitted that Newcastle could take up to five years before they challenge for the Premier League title.
- Liverpool are said to have paid Derby £500,000 to buy out the Kaide Gordon transfer clause.
- Jesse Lingard is said to have priced himself out of moving to Newcastle United in the summer because of his claim of a £150,000 weekly salary as well as an entry fee and bonus.
- West Ham are keen to restore their interest in Rennes defender Nayef Aguerd.
- Gabriel Jesus’ agent has confirmed talks have taken place over a move to Arsenal but has also revealed six other clubs are interested in the Manchester City forward.
- Aston Villa have reached ‘complete agreement’ with Barcelona over a summer sale of Phillipe Coutinho.
- Frenkie de Jong is said to be joining Manchester United from Barcelona with a ‘95% chance’ transfer.
- English football’s governing bodies are looking to protect clubs to ensure any debt from leveraged takeovers – such as those taken by Manchester United and Burnley – is structured to ensure long-term survival.
- Liverpool midfielder Fabinho appears to be facing a race to get fit for the Champions League final against Real Madrid at the end of the month.
- A successful Birmingham City takeover under former Barcelona star Maxi Lopez could see Diego Costa deliver a shockwave to the Midlands.
- Wayne Rooney faces fresh headaches at Derby as rival clubs move to buy his stars after being relegated to League One.
- Manchester United have been told they will have to pay a £34m release clause to Konrad Laimer to release him from RB Leipzig.
- Brazil’s team doctor claims Fabinho will be fit for Liverpool’s Champions League final and has been selected for national duty despite suffering a hamstring injury against Aston Villa.
- Robert Lewandowski is said to have been “insulted” by Bayern Munich’s pursuit of Erling Haaland during his contract stalemate with the Bundesliga champions.
- The FA has been criticized for failing to protect women in football after a National League coach was able to take another job despite being forced out by Chesterfield over pornography allegations earlier this year.
- West Ham believe they have a big chance to land Aston Villa striker Ollie Watkins as Steven Gerrard plans to overhaul his squad this summer.
- UEFA is in the process of new collisions with Premier League elite teams amid proposals to start a new four-way summer league that includes Champions League clubs.
- Michael Carrick is a shocking candidate for the vacant head coach position at League One club Lincoln City.
- According to reports, Paris Saint-Germain are yet to make a move to target Paul Pogba before he leaves Manchester United in the summer.
- Arsenal and Tottenham are said to have ‘checked out’ RB Leipzig midfielder Konrad Laimer.
- Thomas Tuchel has said it will take a miracle for Mateo Kovacic to be fit for the FA Cup final against Liverpool on Saturday after a rough tackle from Dan James sent him out. .
- Lee Johnson has emerged as the frontrunner to take on Hibernian’s next management post after turning heads in negotiations at Easter Road.
- West Ham are interested in signing young Rangers defender Kyle McClelland, who is leaving Ibrox this summer after failing to agree new terms.
- Former Rangers star Kevin Thomson has opened talks to become Raith Rovers coach.
- John Hughes’ position as Dunfermline manager is uncertain with the entire football division being considered after their relegation.